Pro-ject Tube Box S2
Innovative miniature sized phono preamplifier with tube output and high end sound!
Tube Box S2 is Pro-ject’s very first product to feature a fully discreet circuit design without using any operational amplifiers (OpAmps). It also is the first product to come with replaceable tubes for tube rolling and sound-shaping. This gives the customer many options to pick from and alter the sound signature to his preference.
Tube Box S2 produces full and relaxed laid back sound with lush mids, just like you would expect from a much bigger high end tube phono pre-amplifier. It offers support for both MM and MC cartridges and comes with many gain settings to be switched on the front panel. Five variable input impedance settings are available to adjust to any MM cartridge, the 47k ohms input impedance setting is fixed and suited for high output MC cartridges. The aluminium/metal casing is adapted to our DS2 line in looks and protects against vibrations and electromagnetic interference for superior sound.
A true high end solution in a much smaller package!
- Suitable for MM and MC cartridges
- Precise RIAA equalisation in two parts, passive/active
- Fully discreet circuit design without OpAmps
- 2x ECC83 tubes (replaceable)
- Front-sided Subsonic filter button
- Front-sided Gain control
- Ultra low noise circuitry with FET input stage
- Dual mono circuitry for optimized channel separation
- Polystyrene capacitors used where possible
- Gold-plated RCA in- and outputs
- External power adaptor and multiple internal power supplies
- Well-filtrated high-voltage anode power supply
- Sandwich alu/metal casing protects from vibrations and electromagnetic interference
- Available in silver or black
|Tubes||2 x ECC83 (12AX 7A)|
|Input impedance||10 ohms, 100 ohms, 1 kohm, 2 kohms|
|Input capacitance/impedance||47pF, 147pF, 267pF, 367 pF, 487 pF and 587 pF* / 47 kohms, Together with other input impedance settings without any influence!|
|Input gain||40 dB, 43 dB / 50 dB, 60 dB und 63 dB|
|Noise floor||80 dB (A weighted) at 40 dB input gain, 75dB (A weighted) at 50 dB and 63 dB input gain|
|THD||<0.02% at 40 dB input gain <0.05% at 50 dB and 63 dB input gain|
|RIAA-equalisation curve accuracy||< 0.4 dB/20 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Subsonic filter||at 20 Hz with 18 dB/octave|
|Input||1 pair RCA connectors|
|Line-level output||1 pair RCA/phono sockets|
|Outboard power supply||18 V / 1.000 mA DC, suitable for your country’s mains supply|
|Power consumption||470 mA DC, <1W in standby|
|Dimensions W x H x D with sockets||103 x 73 x 131 mm|
|Weight||410 g without power supply|